July is the traditional industry quiet period, but in our experience, once Upfronts are announced the industry begins to slow down. After Memorial Day, people start planning vacations. Parents with children in school are either on summer break or are winding up the school year. So what do you do with all this unexpected “free” time? We have some ideas.
- Catch up on things at home, like organizing or extra housecleaning
- Spend quality time with your family
- Plan fun local activities you never seem to have time for
- If your child’s headshots are outdated, consider planning a new photo session to update
- Look for some new acting classes to enhance skills
- If you have a young child, improve reading skills
- Agents and Managers also take vacations but if you are thinking about making a switch, consider submitting now. They may not see you until after their summer breaks, which usually end mid-July, but at least you have beat the rush
What else do you do during this time of year?