Yesterday we discussed the workshop controversy. Given that they don’t usually offer the results parents want or expect, why are so many parents determined to sign up their children?
- They don’t have decent representation.
- Their agents can’t get them the level of work needed to build a decent working resume.
- They are getting auditions but not booking.
- They want to be seen by more CDs.
- They are impatient and don’t want to take the time to build a career and think there is a faster way.
- They don’t believe the critics of workshops
If you are a parent of an actor considering taking workshops, ask yourself if given what you know, they are the best career move you can make for your child? Is it the best use of your money? Will it achieve the results you want? If you aren’t sure, do more research. There will always be one more scheduled if you decide your child can’t work without one.